The Bike Shed – Pencarrow
The Bike Shed – Pencarrow is Eastbourne’s local bike shop, with everything you need to explore Pencarrow, Baring Head, The Hutt River Trail and beyond!
We have a great range of bikes for hire or purchase, including mountain bikes, eBikes, cruisers & kids bikes, and provide full workshop services for anyone looking to make their bikes great again.
There’s plenty of great places to explore when you hire a bike from us! Check out:
– Pencarrow Head: Evidence of early Maori occupation, along with Pencarrow Lighthouse and amazing views across Cook Strait to the Kaikoura Ranges.
– Pencarrow Lighthouse: New Zealand’s first lighthouse, “manned” by New Zealand’s first and only female lighthouse keeper.
– Pencarrow / Parangarahu Lakes: New Zealand’s last relatively unmodified wetland systems, lakes Kohangatera and Kohangapiripiri are home to a unique selection of native plants, native fish and native birds.
– SS Paiaka Wreck: A small steel-hulled steamer wrecked in 1906, one of hundreds of ships that are buried under the waves or sands along this coastline.
– Baring Head: An important site for Mahinga Kai or traditional maori food-gathering, and more recently significant for its World War II bunkers and lighthouse.
– Turakirae Head: Wellington’s largest fur seal colony, and geologically significant through its earthquake-raised beaches.
– The Hutt River Trail: Great for families, follow the meandering riverside trail up to its source at Kaitoke.
20% off all bike hire, including eBikes, mountain bikes, cruiser bikes & kids bikes